SQL Server is a relational database management system, or RDBMS, developed and marketed by Microsoft.
Hightouch will always connect to your warehouse from 188.8.131.52 or 184.108.40.206. You may allow-list this IP address in your VPC security groups.
- In Hightouch, go to Sources or click https://app.hightouch.io/sources
- Click "Add Source"
- Select SQL Server, and click "Connect Source"
- Enter your hostname (IP address or Azure hostname)
- For Port, enter your port. This is 1433 by default.
- For Database, enter your database name.
- For Username, enter your SQL Server username.
- For Password, enter your SQL Server password
- Click "Test" to test the connection. Hightouch is able to successfully connect, click the "Complete" button at the bottom of the page
- Log into your Azure Console Dashboard
- Click on "SQL databases"
- Select the SQL database that you want to update
- Click on "Set server firewall"
- Add Rules for our 2 server IPs, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168 as
- Click save button in top upper left corner
- SSH tunnel: Hightouch will connect to your SQL Server via an SSH tunnel established from Hightouch's servers to a bastion server in your VPC.
- Reverse SSH tunnel: You will establish an SSH connection from a bastion server in your VPC to Hightouch's servers, and Hightouch will reuse that connection to connect to SQL Server.