PostgreSQL, also known as Postgres, is a free and open-source relational database management system emphasizing extensibility and SQL compliance.
Hightouch will always connect to your warehouse from 22.214.171.124 or 126.96.36.199. You may whitelist this IP address in your VPC security groups.
- In Hightouch, go to Sources or click https://app.hightouch.io/sources
- Click "Create Source"
- Select Postgres
- Enter your hostname (IP address or EC2 hostname)
- For Port, enter your port. This is 5432 by default
- For User, enter your Postgres username
- For Password, enter your Postgres password
- Click "Test" to test the connection. Hightouch is able to successfully connect, click the "Complete" button at the bottom of the page
- SSH tunnel: Hightouch will connect to your Postgres cluster via an SSH tunnel established from Hightouch's servers to a bastion server in your VPC.
- Reverse SSH tunnel: You will establish an SSH connection from a bastion server in your VPC to Hightouch's servers, and Hightouch will reuse that connection to connect to Postgres.