PostgreSQL, also known as Postgres, is a free and open-source relational database management system emphasizing extensibility and SQL compliance.
You'll need to allowlist Hightouch's IP addresses to allow our systems to contact your warehouse. Reference our docs to determine which IPs you need to allowlist.
In Hightouch, go to Sources or click https://app.hightouch.io/sources
Click "Create Source"
Enter your hostname (IP address or EC2 hostname)
For Port, enter your port. This is 5432 by default
For User, enter your Postgres username
For Password, enter your Postgres password
Click "Test" to test the connection. Hightouch is able to successfully connect, click the "Complete" button at the bottom of the page
- SSH tunnel: Hightouch will connect to your Postgres cluster via an SSH tunnel established from Hightouch's servers to a bastion server in your VPC.
- Reverse SSH tunnel: You will establish an SSH connection from a bastion server in your VPC to Hightouch's servers, and Hightouch will reuse that connection to connect to Postgres.
- Connection issues with your data warehouse?
- Confusing API responses from destination systems?
- Unsupported destination objects or modes?
- Help with complex SQL queries?
Our team is relentlessly focused on your success. We're ready to jump on a call to help unblock you.
If you see something that's missing from our app, let us know and we'll work with you to build it!
We want to hear your suggestions for new sources, destinations, and other features that would help you activate your data.