Table of ContentsFirst, you’ll want to enable BigQuery for your Google Cloud project. Then, you will create a Service Account for Hightouch to use. Last, you will create the warehouse in Hightouch.
- Navigate to the Google Developers Console
- Configure Cloud Platform:
- If you don’t have a project already, create one.
- If you have an existing project, you will need to enable the BigQuery API. Once you’ve done so, you should see BigQuery in the “Resources” section of Cloud Platform.
- Note: make sure billing is enabled on your project, otherwise Hightouch will not be able to write into the cluster.
- Copy your project ID, as you will need it later.
- From the Navigation panel on the left, go to IAM & admin > Service accounts
- Click Create Service Account along the top
- Enter a name (for example: “hightouch”) and click Create
- When assigning permissions, make sure to grant the following roles:
BigQuery Data Viewer
BigQuery Job User
- Create a JSON key. The downloaded file will be used to create your warehouse in the next section.
- In Hightouch, go to Sources or click https://app.hightouch.io/sources
- Click "Create Source"
- Select BigQuery
- Enter your Google Cloud project ID in the Project field. This can be found in the URL.
- For Location, type "US" or "EU" (without quotes)
- Copy the contents of the credentials (the JSON key) into the Credentials field
- Click Test button
- if Hightouch is able to successfully connect, click the "Complete" button at the bottom of the page