Table of ContentsBigQuery is a fully-managed enterprise data warehouse that helps you manage and analyze your data with built-in features like machine learning, geospatial analysis, and business intelligence.
First, you’ll want to enable BigQuery for your Google Cloud project. Then, you will use Hightouch to create a new service account. Last, you will use the
Hightouch will always connect to your warehouse from 22.214.171.124 or 126.96.36.199. You may whitelist this IP address in your VPC security groups.
gcloudCLI to grant the Hightouch service account access to your project.
- Navigate to the Google Developers Console
- Configure Cloud Platform:
- If you don’t have a project already, create one.
- If you have an existing project, you will need to enable the BigQuery API. Once you’ve done so, you should see BigQuery in the “Resources” section of Cloud Platform.
- Note: make sure billing is enabled on your project, otherwise Hightouch will not be able to write into the cluster.
- Copy your project ID, as you will need it later.
- In Hightouch, go to Sources or click https://app.hightouch.io/sources
- Click "Create Source"
- Select BigQuery
- Enter your Google Cloud project ID in the Project field. This can be found in the URL.
- For Location, select the region or multi-region of your dataset
- Click "Create a service account." This creates a Google service account in Hightouch's Google cloud. Refer to Google Cloud’s documentation about service accounts for more information.
- To grant the new account access to your project, copy the two authentication commands and run them in your Google account. The easiest way to do this is with the Google Cloud Shell.
- Click Test button
- If Hightouch is able to successfully connect, click the "Complete" button at the bottom of the page