Amazon Athena is an interactive query service that makes it easy to analyze data in Amazon S3 using standard SQL. Athena is serverless, so there is no infrastructure to manage, and you pay only for the queries that you run.
Hightouch will always connect to your warehouse from 22.214.171.124 or 126.96.36.199. You may whitelist this IP address in your VPC security groups.
- In Hightouch, go to Sources or click https://app.hightouch.io/sources.
- Click "Create Source."
- Select Amazon Athena.
- Select a Region.
- Enter your AWS Access Key ID and Secret Access Key. The credentials must be for a user who has permission to access Athena and the Output Location in S3. After you enter a region and credentials, more options will appear.
- Select an Athena Work Group that you have previously set up in AWS.
- If your Work Group does not have an Output Location configured, enter an Output Location for the query results. This is an S3 path.
- Select a Data Catalog.
- Select a Database.
- Click "Test" to test the connection. Hightouch is able to successfully connect, click the "Complete" button at the bottom of the page