Intercom provides customer messaging apps for sales, marketing, and support.To setup an Intercom destination, you need to authenticate via oAuth.With the Intercom destination, Hightouch can create and update both contacts objects and company objects within the Intercom Contacts Model and Intercom Company Model respectively.
The Intercom destination has three possible modes:
|Contact Objects||Contact objects allow you to represent and provide information on individual users. All contact objects will be represented as users or leads as marked by the role attribute. The Intercom destination has three different possible modes.|
|Company Objects||Company objects allow you to represent and provide information on organizations using your product. Each company will have its own description and be associated with contacts.|
- Insert — Insert mode pushes new objects to Intercom, and does not update the objects as they change in your warehouse.
- Upsert — Upsert mode pushes new objects to Intercom and updates fields that change in your warehouse.
- Update — Update mode updates particular fields on existing objects in Intercom.
- You want to push objects into Intercom, but don't care if the data within each row remains up to date.
- You want to push contact objects or company objects into Intercom and want to keep the data up-to-date.
In this mode, selected columns will be updated for a given object within Intercom. For example, you could add an LTV(Loan-to-Value ratio) column to an
For a company object, if a company is not found via `company_id`, a new company will be created, if found, that company will be updated.
company object. This mode does not create new rows for an object within Intercom. Instead, it updates columns on existing objects.Update mode requires you to have access to the IDs of the objects you want to update within your warehouse.This mode is good for the following scenarios:
- You have objects in Intercom that you want to add additional information to.
- You want to continuously sync data from your warehouse and add this data to existing objects within Intercom.
- You already have access to Intercom object IDs within your warehouse.
The Intercom Destination has 5 configuration parameters common to each of the three modes:
For a company object, `company_id` cannot be updated. In a situation where a `company_id` must be changed, the company will need to be deleted and the data reuploaded under the new `company_id`.
|Intercom Object Type||The name of the object type that will be pushed into Intercom. The options are Contact or Company.|
|Intercom Property serving as Unique User Identifier||The name of the Intercom object property that will act as the Unique User Identifier for the Hightouch query. The options are |
|Hightouch Column mapping to Intercom Unique User Identifier||The name of the column on the Hightouch query that maps to the Intercom Unique User Identifier.|
|Hightouch to Intercom Default Field Mappings||A list of Hightouch columns that will be pushed to new objects in Intercom from default fields|
|Hightouch to Intercom Custom Field Mappings||A list of Hightouch columns that will be pushed to new objects in Intercom from custom made fields.|